Learning to shoot with a sidespin is an essential skill that can be used in many different parts of the game. It’s not only for scoring but also for passing and crossing. In this video, I will teach you the critical steps to perfecting this skill.
Shooting The Ball With A Sidespin
Left foot example first.
- Place a ball on the ground and move back 2 meters in line with the ball. Then step around 2 meters to your right(For right footers do the exact opposite).
- Go straight to the ball and plant your right foot just before the ball (at the same time, your left foot must be bent and, in the air, ready to strike the ball).
- As your foot comes down, open your foot and strike the ball with the inside of the foot on the left-hand side of the ball , this will create left sidespin because you’re kicking with the left foot, you must swing your right arm to counterbalance the weight of the left foot.
- Your follow through must go towards your intended target.
- As a beginner, start at 5 to 10 meters. For intermediate or experienced players, kick from a distance that doesn’t compromise your technique or accuracy.
- Use a wall, so the ball returns to you for more repetitions. If you kick the ball correctly, it will come straight back to you.
- Once you have mastered the left foot, move onto the right or vice versa.
- If you improve your accuracy and technique, start to hit from further distances.
- If you’re doing well with a dead or stopped ball roll it with the sole of your foot and then go and strike the moving ball.
This video will show you precisely how to curl the ball. So, follow the steps and please watch the video. Enjoy the process!
Read this one Learn How To Kick The Ball
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
*Instagram*: Con Boutsianis
My Website*: Footballfirst.com.au
*Twitter*: Con Boutsianis
*YouTube*: Football First Chann